Atlanta Auto Accident Injury Lawyers and Protecting Your Financial Rights After an Accident
Filing a lawsuit after an accident can bring a satisfying resolution and some financial relief. Still, it is a challenge to settle a car crash claim when you need to spend your time recovering from your injuries. However, the appropriate support for your claim and an equal amount of patience and persistence is required to receive the monetary compensation you are entitled to receive.
One of the most critical steps to protect your legal rights after an accident is to consult with an experienced Personal Injury Attorney. An experienced lawyer can handle all the legal aspects of your claim and obtain all the necessary paperwork and documentation needed while you focus on recovery.
3 Potential Benefits of Retaining an Injury Law Firm After a Crash
Read below to learn more about our Atlanta auto accident injury lawyers and what we may be able to do to help you after an injury. For over 20 years, attorney Winston Briggs has focused his practice on injury law. Mr. Briggs has won numerous seven-figure case settlements, and he may be able to help you and your family after a crash. Check out our top 3 potential benefits of retaining an injury law firm after a crash below. You can also watch our video as well.
#1 Personal Injury Lawyers are Experienced with Dealing with Insurance Companies
Insurance companies are in the business of making money, so their goal is to pay out the smallest amount in claims possible. As a result, insurance adjusters are highly trained to negotiate settlements and do everything they can to minimize what they pay or even deny a claim.
It is in your best interest to be represented by an attorney to ensure you receive the maximum value our claim will allow. Moreover, an insurance adjuster may coerce you into making a statement that could affect your ability to receive the compensation you deserve.
A personal injury lawyer who assists you in dealing with an insurance company can have a significant impact on your claim.
#2 Prove Liability for Your Case
It can be challenging to prove negligence in an auto accident. You will need to prove that the other person’s negligence caused harm as a result of your injuries in order to have the right to compensation. More than likely, all parties involved will try to shift the blame, making it challenging to prove who caused your injuries.
This is where your personal injury attorney will come in. If experienced, they will review the evidence to determine who caused your injuries and advocate on your behalf. Our personal injury lawyers are experienced and have handled many complex automobile accident cases. We have the resources to obtain the required evidence to build a strong argument for your case. We are committed to defending your right to compensation.
#3 Negotiate a Fair Settlement
Insurance adjusters spend their days negotiating insurance settlements. They are skilled negotiators who vigorously fight for their best interests. So too are auto accident lawyers. We regularly negotiate with insurance companies and other attorneys. However, the significant difference is that we are solely focused on the best interests of our clients.
Before entering into a negotiation with an insurance adjuster, contact a trusted car accident lawyer who has experience doing just that regularly. Our attorneys are experienced in negotiating fair settlements for our clients that help them obtain the compensation they deserve. We will not settle for anything less.
Obtaining a Better Financial Outcome
The choices that an auto accident victim makes after a crash can change the value of their claims. W. Winston Briggs Law Firm auto accident injury lawyers assist crash victims in filing a claim and getting financial compensation. We manage everything so you can focus on recovering and get your life back.
Here is how to get the most money when involved in an auto accident:
- Remain at the scene of the accident until a police report is filed.
- Gather information at the accident scene, including names, addresses, phone numbers, emails, insurance information and vehicle information as soon as it is safe.
- Obtain witness information if there are any eyewitnesses to the accident.
- Seek medical treatment which will provide medical documentation of your injuries and the proof you need to protect your legal rights.
- Report the accident to your insurance carrier to inform them of any damage to your vehicle and your injuries.
- Keep a copy of all financial costs related to your auto accident, as you will need to provide these documents to support your claim.
- Keep a record of your injuries and recovery just as a journal to document how you are feeling emotionally and physically.
- Don’t skip follow-up visits to your doctor.
- Never accept a settlement offer without speaking to your attorney first.
- Do not speak with an investigator about your accident without seeking advice from your attorney.
- Don’t post on social media because insurance companies and investigators will look for information about you online.
- Hire a skilled auto accident attorney. Experienced personal injury lawyers play an integral role in accident victims getting the most money from a car accident.
Working Toward a Speedier Settlement
Sometimes, the best thing to do after a car accident is to settle out of court. It usually resolves your case faster and avoids the expense of a trial. However, when you have been injured in an automobile accident, the last thing you want to do is spend time arguing with your insurance company. Instead, it would be best if you focused on recovering from your injuries.
We are here to help. Let W. Winston Briggs Law Firm help you recover compensation for your injuries.
Call an Atlanta Car Crash Lawyer
The W. Winston Briggs Law Firm can help you protect your financial rights after an accident. With over 30 years of experience, W. Winston Briggs can obtain a better outcome for accident victims. W. Winston Briggs has tried over 200 jury trials throughout his career. As a top litigator in Atlanta, W. Winston Briggs is known for obtaining higher settlements for his clients. If you have been in an automobile accident in Atlanta, Georgia, Florida, or the surrounding areas, you will want someone with experience to fight on your behalf. Contact us online or call us at (404) 522-1500 for your free initial consultation.