ATLANTA TRUCK ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
When you or a loved one has suffered from injuries as the result of a truck accident, it is imperative that the attorney you select to handle your claim has extended experience with cases involving these particular motor vehicles.
Early in his career, W. Winston Briggs was hired by insurance companies to defend trucking companies against trucking accident claims. Years later, he only represents people injured or killed in truck accidents. He knows both sides of the fence which greatly benefits his clients.
Today Winston Briggs has over 30 years of experience handling truck accident cases and tried more than 150 jury trials. He works hard to fight for the compensation you deserve following a truck accident.
Click Here for a Free Case Evaluation
Causes of Truck Accidents
In an accident between a commercial truck and a passenger vehicle, the passenger vehicle is at huge risk of physical injury. With trucks often reaching 75 feet in length and weights of up to 80,000 pounds, the possibility of serious injury to other drivers or their passengers is extremely high.
The reason for the high number of truck accidents is due to three main events:
- Running out of the travel lane, either off the road or into another lane.
- Loss of control due to speeding, cargo shift, systems failure, poor road conditions, or other reasons.
- Rear-end collisions with other vehicles, specifically in the truck’s travel lane.
- Driver fatigue
- Also, there are many other factors that can contribute to the occurrence of the above events.
- Unsafe operation of the truck by the driver
- Poor truck maintenance
- Inexperienced truck driver
- Distractions while driving
- Mechanical failure
- Truck driver fatigue
- Overloaded or improperly loaded trucks
- Truck accidents cause over 4,800 fatalities across the United States each year. Adding to this high number of fatalities, another 100,000 individuals are
- injured in truck accidents yearly.
Georgia Trucking Accident Attorney Holding All Negligent Parties Accountable
Briggs Truck accident cases can be quite complex because more than one party may share responsibility. Depending on the circumstances of your accident, the driver, the driver’s employer, the company that maintains the truck, the manufacturer and others could all be held partially liable.
During our investigation of the truck accident, we will do the following to help determine negligent behavior:
- Investigate if the vehicle was maintained properly.
- Review the credentials of the truck driver.
- Determine if local traffic laws were followed.
- Review the trucking company log books to ensure that all regulations were properly followed.
- Analyze the scene where the accident took place, examining police reports and photographs, and interviewing witnesses.
- Try to identify any defects in the truck and the other vehicle involved in the accident.
- Hire appropriate trucking, reconstruction and medical experts
Furthermore, in the state of Georgia, companies that operate tractor-trailers and other types of large trucks typically carry a large amount of insurance coverage. However, after a trucking accident, victims often must turn to other insurance as well as the tractor-trailers company’s assets for compensation. Not surprisingly, these companies tend to seek to obtain the lowest settlement possible. That’s why it is important to contact an experienced Atlanta tractor-trailer crash lawyer from the W. Winston Briggs Law Firm to ensure that you receive the maximum amount to which you are entitled.
Our firm is here to take care of your legal issues so that you may get back to what’s most important, and sooner rather than later – recovering and returning to your day-to-day life.
The Truck Accident Lawsuit Process
We are committed to securing the full and fair compensation you need to recover from your injuries due to a truck wreck. When you hire our firm, we will do the following to make sure you receive maximum compensation for your injuries:
1. Investigate 2. Create Your Claim 3. Negotiate on Your Behalf 4. Litigation
Experienced truck accident attorney Winston Briggs will investigate the scene of the accident. This will need to be done immediately because the insurance company for the truck driver or trucking company owner will send analysts out to the scene as well. Their goal is to gather as much evidence in order to limit their potential liability.
Maximum Compensation for Your Injuries
A tractor-trailer crash can create life-changing injuries alongside significant financial losses to those involved and their loved ones. Crash victims have the right to seek compensation for damages, including:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral costs
- Mental anguish
- And other financial losses
- If you or someone you know has been involved in a truck accident, contact the W. Winston Briggs Law Firm to schedule a free consultation with an Atlanta tractor-trailer wreck attorney.
In representing clients in all types of trucking accident cases, we look at:
- Fatal truck accidents
- Truck accidents on highways
- Truck company negligence
- Truck driver fatigue
- Driver logs
- Compliance with regulations
- Unsecured loads
- Causes of truck crashes
- Chemical spills
- What to do after a wreck involving a truck
Call For A Free Consultation
Recently, Winston recovered a large lump sum payment and monthly benefits for the widow and son of the victim of a truck accident. View all of Winston’s personal injury case results. Call our office today to discuss your trucking accident injuries and learn more about your legal options.
You can reach us by phone via e-mail to discuss your claim with an experienced Atlanta tractor-trailer crash attorney. We take most cases on a contingency basis, which means that you don’t pay any attorney’s fees unless we win compensation for you.
Truck Accident FAQ’s
Who can be sued in a truck accident case?
The possible parties that can be sued include the driver, the owner of the trucking company, the owner of the tractor or trailer, and in some cases the loading facility that placed contents in the trailer or the owner of the contents that were placed in the trailer.
Why is it important for me to obtain a copy of the truck driver’s log following an accident?
Truck drivers are only allowed to drive a certain number of hours per day and required to perform pre-trip vehicle inspections. Establishing the fact that the log was kept properly or not is important for evaluating if violation of the law helped contribute to the accident.
What other information should I obtain to support my potential claim?
You should take pictures of the accident, your injuries, and even documents. Make sure you get the names of contact information of any witnesses and people at the scene of the accident. This is because evidence can be lost or destroyed in a short period of time.
What are common injuries caused by truck accidents?
Common injuries caused by truck accidents can include death, concussions, broken bones, brain injuries, spinal injuries, loss of limbs, chronic back pain, whiplash, herniated neck discs, fractures, burns, and more.How soon after the truck accident should I contact a lawyer?
How soon after the truck accident should I contact a lawyer?
It is best to contact an attorney as soon as possible. You can be certain that the trucking company will have analysts on the scene immediately. Therefore, you need an attorney to conduct an investigation on your behalf before any helpful evidence is lost or destroyed
Click Here for a Free Case Evaluation